The Veterinary Poisons Information Service is the UK’s only animal poisons centre. It’s available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for members of the public and the veterinary profession.
If your pet has eaten something that you know is poisonous, eg chocolate, grapes, lilies, onions, to name a few, please call us immediately.
But if you’re not sure that what they’ve eaten or come into contact with, is toxic, you can ring the
VPIS Animal Poison Line on 01202 509000 for advice.
There is a fee of between £35-£45 (depending on whether the call is made out of normal working hours) but if they advise that your pet needs veterinary attention, they will refund your payment and direct you to the practice.
If we subsequently need to ring them for specific advice on the correct medication regime for your pet, they will charge us directly and this will be added to your account.
We use 3 different types of cookies on our website. You can say which ones you're happy for us to use below.
These cookies do things like keep the website secure. They always need to be on.